Monday, November 18, 2013

Newly Painted Doors and Walls


The foyer, library and living room all have really crazy-high vaulted ceilings. Like 20 feet high. The thought of even climbing a ladder that reached that top is rather dizzying, aside from painting the walls. Not to mention skim coating and sanding away the feel on many of the walls!

I seldom hire out painters for my own spaces since i don't mind just doing it myself, nevertheless the job for these 3 rooms was definitely in the DDIY category, and that i called in the top guns.

The firm I ended up using had has a cancellation they usually were offered to start work within a couple of days, that was great, and also meant I had to nail down paint colors quickly. I fear 100 million times more with paint colors when I'm hiring the task out. When I'm painting myself, basically generate a color mistake, all I'm out is $50 in paint as well as some hours time. Big paint jobs in this way are (very) expensive though plus the pressure is majorly on.

You may remember out of this post the way i was leaning toward Benjamin Moore's Titanium. I'm glad I needed a couple weeks to sit down on the decision though. I ended up feeling much like the blue undertones in Titanium weren't actually doing me any favors to create the floors look less pink.

Well, i went to the paint store hunting for a different gray. I found some samples and threw them up on the wall. I put Titanium there too for comparison.

I believed Ralph Lauren's Stone was actually, really pretty, and i also almost picked that. Even so I started checking out Brushed Aluminum a little bit more. I liked rrt had been a neutral, though a depth of color while in the undertones. Equal parts blue and green. I threw up a much bigger sample in the library and loved it more. Thus i placed samples on most of your big walls, simply to find out how the color changed while using light. It had become so interesting in my experience the actual way it was a greater portion of a color right in front of your home and was much more true gray in the back of your house.

Here it is beside the Titanium sample I did up for forever. The soft blue gray color is indeed pretty, nevertheless it variety of fell flat personally after a few years. The rich, warm greeny grays of the Brushed Aluminum felt like just what I needed, but did not really are aware of it. I'm sure it is every bit right while using floors. Plus it pairs Very well with bright colors (which you know are inevitable inside my rooms). It is possible to throw basically any color adjacent to it along with the combo will likely be brilliant every time.

Well, i took a leap of faith and handed the painters the Brushed Aluminum paint chip. These folks were actually to put greater week. I needed them float the walls inside the living room to protect the prime texture about the drywall which alone took nearly three days.

After day two, I used to be so proud of simply how much brighter the lounge felt together with the majority of the brown paint hidden. Just what a significant difference the sunlight drywall mud was making in the color already! As well as smooth texture? SO worthy of money. Everyone in the room has this kind of glow regarding this now. The sunshine bounces around in their normal lovely way. Another common spaces in your home had already been smooth-coated therefore it seemed worthwhile to enhance the feel in here too, especially since this is a location we'll likely spend the best time in.

I'd all the ceilings inside the three rooms painted the identical white as all the trimwork - Benjamin Moore's Chantilly Lace. It's considered one of my personal favorite whites to make use of because it reads as a true white. There won't be gray undertones like White Dove has with no blue undertones as being a pure white usually sends out. Simply White can be another favorite, yet it's a tad bit more yellow than Chantilly Lace. Needed a bright, clean white in here.

All the doors were painted Onyx, another favorite shade of mine. It is a black with depth - nearly as bad as Farrow and Ball's Off Black (but with no insane price!) I'm so pleased with how a doorway turned out! (ps the white astragal around the middle will probably be black)

We'll want to do something special inside music room like lacquer or grasscloth, however i want to go more colorful within. Michael's vote can be a bright, inky blue, that i love.

I'm so happy with the way the new paint has completely transformed the feel and appear of these three spaces! As i have a look at all of the ladders as well as the scaffolding, Yes, it was worth each penny!

No comments:

Post a Comment