Monday, February 10, 2014

Get Rid of Clutter & Organize Your Lifetime for 2014

Ah, the New Year 2014, a period when we express our gratitude for all our gifts & challenges of the previous year.

I have been among those individuals who accumulates possessions until all their living area can be used up. I ask myself, all of the time... "Am I a clutterer or a collector?"


A huge clutching anxiety comes over me when i try to eliminate clutter. I still exceptional jacket with the football shoulder pads, hoping they will return in fashion. A naughty thrill comes through as I toss out pictures & love letters from old boyfriends.

Again I ask myself..."Are you a clutterer or a collector?"

Where does clutter originate from anyway? Why is it so difficult to get rid of it? How do we get so emotionally mounted on this stuff!?! How can one person provide all away, leaving no clutter behind, while another can live encompassed by all their stuff. Actually, I hate home cleaning.


I've searched everywhere for that perfect solution to remove my clutter, but nothing designed a mental connection, until suddenly, I got it! Around the radio someone asked as prepared for the large one, an earthquake? OMG, in my vivid imagination, the clock is ticking & what do I actually do? Curiously, I came across the psychology behind clutter.


Clutter may cause unwanted stress. I can't take it with me. Stuff could be replaced, however time with family & friends and the peace that comes from through an organized space cannot. Turn it into a goal to organize your lifetime for 2014! So here's an idea "make "cash from your trash." Garage sales, eBay, Craigslist, consignment stores, recycling, used book shops & newspapers (classifieds) could be great ways to unload some clutter and add to your bank account. One man's junk is another man's treasure!


In the end, it doesn't really matter whether you are a clutterer or perhaps a collector, just search for the humour. It's your house and you need to feel comfortable there. Recently over heard at a local auction house..."A clutterer is poor. A collector is rich." It's all dependent on perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment